Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Happy Dance

I had two cookies and a Pepsi for lunch today. I just thought someone might be interested to hear that. It really does boggle the mind that I have not lost those pesky extra pounds. .. . strange, right?
chocolate_chip-cookies














In other breaking news: He. DID. It! For the first time in almost 4 years, my dear Husband closed the shower curtain after his shower. You have no idea how amazing this is!



Kontextür Happiness Silver Petals Shower Curtain
No, this is not my bathroom, but I wish!
For the past 3 years I have offered him daily reminders to close the shower curtain. Yup, offered these reminders, kind of me, right? (This allows the water to drain properly and reduce the development of mildew on the curtain, though I am sure you all know that already, or perhaps you are now discovering just how obnoxiously anal persnickety I am. I will own this and give you all permission to feel sorry for my husband at any point. I won't feel slighted. Nothing can bring me down today!) 

I abhor cleaning the bathroom, especially the tub, so anything that keeps that area cleaner, I am all for... To the extent that I have calmly recited the following line each and every time I walk into the bathroom to a curtain wet and bunched up at one end of the tub. . . .. "You know dear, that if you close the shower curtain, it stays mildew free for much longer." Over and over and over and over. I continued to calmly repeat this even when dear hubby lost his temper because Eli was not listening to him. Don't read into that. My husband is a fabulous father, the two's can frustrate the best of us. 


I am celebrating this victory. Heck, I might put it on the calendar to commemorate this occasion.

 And, there is a big AND here. 

AND he took removed the cold bag of tea from his mug before putting it on the counter for me to wash. (though this is not the first time this has happened, I am just tickled to see the trend continue!) I am beside myself. 

Is this a sign of things to come? Is he staring to recognize my zany brand of genius? Dare I dream? eh, either way, I am doing my happy dance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment