Friday, April 6, 2012

The Second Station: Jesus carries His Cross:

What a moving Good Friday I have had. Such a heavy heart today. I went to Stations of the Cross today prepared to beg for the children of Reece's Rainbow. To unite their suffering with Jesus'. God was prepared for me. Left me speechless. I am going to print the prayer that was impossible for me to voice with the rest of the participants. I am inserting the pictures I had in my head as I was praying. (You're welcome.)


"Who would believe what we have heard? To whom has the arm of  the Lord been revealed? He grew up like a sapling before him, like a shoot from the parched earth;




 there was in him no stately bearing to make us look at Him,

no appearance that would attract us to him.


He was rejected and avoided by men,


a man of suffering, accustomed to infirmity,

one of those from whom men turn away, and we held him in no esteem." (Is.53, 1-3)


(From the same station)
"Father in heaven, your Son, Jesus Christ still carries his cross in his persecuted brothers and sisters throughout the world. Make us feel the needs of all persons so that we might as readily help them as we would help Jesus himself."

  


I gave that one a BIG Amen (the only word in the two above paragraphs I was able to say out loud.)

God was ready for my pleas, he understands the need. He calls US to act. He calls ME to act.

Please God, knock down all the barriers in my life that prevent me from fully welcoming these children into my heart and my home. Show me how to help carry the cross these children bear. Resurrect my soul from the despair of inaction.

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment