Thursday, September 20, 2012

Muscle-less

--- 1 ---

We had house guests this week. Yes, the person most unlike Martha Stewart in the whole wide world, had house guests. I had never met these revered guests before they showed up at my house. . .. I (and our house) is so far from guest friendly that I was really going to have to rely on my charm and quick wit to salvage the situation. However, I was waiting for some big adoption news that was making it hard for me to sleep more than a couple of hours a night AND it is allergy season. Yea. I was a sobbing, puffy faced lump on the couch their first day here.  Miraculously, I think I pulled it off! Lucky for me, they are family and are stuck with us!


--- 2 ---

Writing is a muscle, I am learning this the hard way. My muscle (yes, singular) is atrophied after only 2 weeks of rest. I am sorry to all the people that are reading today, hoping for something witty, or interesting. . .I will continue to exercise this "muscle" and you will continue to suffer through until I am back up to snuff. Stick with me?

--- 3 ---

WE GOT OUR TRAVEL DATES! In less than a month we get to meet our son. Cannot believe how surreal this is! Look at his sweet face. Oh my, I am one lucky MAMA! To make me EVEN happier, our never-ending giveaway wraps up tonight and I will be drawing winners. We are so close to fully funded, God has blessed this adoption in so many ways.


--- 4 ---

Oh, the weather is getting chillier here. . . it is still sunny but the breeze is brisk. I love it and hate it at the same time. I am hanging on desperately to flip flop weather. I was once told that men find tan lines sexy. . . I hope that is true. *giggle* Sometimes it looks like my feet need a good scrubbing, I assure you they are clean, they are just broadcasting my love affair with flip flops. I should have given up my favorite footwear after my 80s party fundraiser. The shoes MANGLED my feet. .. see the purple toenail? Yup. ..normally my toes are pretty and painted. Now they simply look pretty pained and yet I still CLING to the final days with my flip flops.

Side note: my foot was not pleased by this photo and made me take several shots to make sure I got it's best side. Not catching  it on a good day and I am just adding insult to injury with a photo shoot. . . I hope it does not disown me. 

--- 5 ---

Meet Brett. I love this child. He is pure sunshine and I cannot comprehend why he is still waiting.

Guardian Angel
Boy, born September 2007

Brett is a handsome young man who was born with CP.  He is very smart, he gets around on his own by crawling, but he is not able to walk.  Therapy will do wonders for him!   He deserves to have a family!

From a volunteer who knows him:   He plays with other children. He speaks with separate words. He understands the addressed speech. The boy is curious, likes classes. He loves when his nurse reads for him, he likes making pyramids.

More photos available, married couples only.

--- 6 ---

This makes me smile for a trillion reasons.  I know I am aging before your very eyes, but I love Opie. I sometimes wish for simpler times. I am fighting the urge to start whistling. Whoops... was whistling whilst spell checking and didn't realize until I got to this picture again. AWESOME.

--- 7 ---

I am going to leave you with wife-gripe #34.2. I am not perfect, I am far from it and do not attempt to claim perfection. I am sure I do one or two things a day that makes my husband see red. (But, on second thought, I must not annoy him because he is not one to hold his tongue for any reason, so perhaps I was just being modest and I am darn near Mary Poppins perfect. . . .)I cleaned this JUST the other day. My hubby has been home for 5 days. and LOOK. MORE GOOP! Deep breath. In with the good, out with the bad. I am not sure why or how he does this but it has to stop. 

May your weekend be GOOP free, my friends. 


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

11 comments:

  1. At least your hubby brushes his teeth. :p

    The legoman cracks me up! hahaaa

    So glad your giveaway was a success and is over so you can mark that off your list! Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Opie. So schweet.

    Um.. It's flip flop weather here 11 months of the yr or so. I don't tan, tho, so I don't get those fun lines. I bet your hubby thinks they're sexy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, we have flip flops, "fancy" flip flops (for occasions like dates, church, and weddings and such) and then sneakers for runs and rain. ...then back to flip flops.

    That toothpaste photo made me smile. I just cleaned the lids on both the paint bottles and glue bottles at work. Returned the next day and everything had dried glue/paint on them leaving most bottles glued shut! Yes... definitely a peeve of mine as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a passionate love for flip flops. I have wondered if I will age out of this love affair, but it seems to have staying power.
      I am to the point where I may have to put my hubby's toothpaste on his brush for him. .. demonstrate that it can be done. haha.

      Delete
  4. I hate the toothpaste goop, too. My kids take it a step further and leave goop bombs all over the sink. It's like an abstract painting in there by the time they're done brushing their teeth. Horrible.
    And congrats on seeing the light at the end of the adoption tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Florida we also are flip flop fanatics. They are go-to footwear.
    Congratulations on your travel dates, I think I'd be out of my mind for the next month with excitement!!
    As for toothpaste...we have to take the good with the bad, right? That goop drives me crazy, too!! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only way I was able to control the goop thing was to get everybody their own toothpaste tube. My husband, 8 kids and myself. (We keep tube and toothbrush in large plastic cups with names on them. Nobody brushes with anybody else's toothbrush that way. Dirty cup? Throw it in the dishwasher.) It was miraculous how it improved my mornings. Now, I just let them worry about it themselves--and I have my own clean, neatly rolled up, no goopy lid tube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting that the adoption is moving forward! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your baby is SO SWEET! Makes my heart squeeze to see him. I'm so happy for you!

    As for the toothpaste--well, don't blame your hubby, blame Crest. (I assume it's Crest.) I can't stand the new formulations and the new top. They do that to us all the time. They ooze out into the drawer, because the cap won't snap closed properly...just don't blame hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete