Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Off the deep end

So my dear hubby is convinced that I have gone and lost it. Completely. Maybe he is right? I am so grateful for the love and support and camaraderie I have found with the Reece's Rainbow crew. Their mission mirrors mine and I am so thankful to have found them! There are some really amazing people doing even more amazing things. . . .sacrificing all for the little angels that are in so much need.

Families are praying. Fundraising and adopting. It is really so incredible. Sadly there is trend in messages on there however, MEN, you are the brawn in our families. The heads of our hearts. The big, strong shoulders we rely on. It is time for battle. This is bigger than our desire to love babies. WE NEED YOUR HELP! This IS a problem you can fix! Our lives can no longer be about building a more comfortable life for ourselves, though we appreciate that sentiment. It can no longer be about finding the easiest path and staying on it forever. There is a wrong being committed and WE MUST STOP IT! HOW????? Open our arms, open our wallets and give our lives over to those that need us most. Complete sacrifice. How scary is that?? REALLY FLIPPING SCARY. But MEN are designed for battle. They are our protectors, so WHO BETTER to assist in this ministry?? Gear up soldiers!! Head into battle! This is one that we can WIN! These children cannot help themselves out of this hell, it is our responsibility. I, for one, will not look away!

Hahaha, I am sitting at my kitchen table crying. Perhaps I have crossed the line and am completely off my rocker.

I have been having such a difficult time sleeping these days, which really does not help my mental state. As I say my evening prayers, the faces of each child pops in my head. Visions of emaciated children. Vacant stares. Children that may never live to know how precious they truly are. I am not wired to handle it! It is just too awful.

I remember the Ethiopian famine. I remember hoardes of Actors and Musicians eager to assist. I remember"We Are the World."  I was moved to tears then. I just really believe that children SHOULD NOT SUFFER. It is a tragedy. The (INSERT numerous curse words here. .. . I just had to break for my son to have his morning constitutional and the first key I hit wiped out an AWESOME rant!)))) @#$@#$%%%$#
The shocking nature of the orphan crisis in Eastern Europe is that it is not resulting from a drought, natural disaster or other unavoidable circumstance. Nope this is brought on by a drought of kindness. Of love. A complete surrender to fear, to selfishness. This can and should be something that NEVER happens. NOT ON OUR WATCH! This is a holocaust that needs to be brought to an end.

So I tried everything to sleep last night. Nothing worked. When crying myself to sleep didn't work either, I decided to take my case to a higher level. To the CHURCH.
Oh. .. .to be those poor Priests that received my email this morning. hahah, please join me in prayer that they don't just write me off as a mentally unstable woman. This is a matter that our faith community should know about. ... be heartbroken about and RECTIFY!

We are called to community. We are called to love. LOVE is what will bring these children home. Please pray that my emails strike a chord and homilies shout out the cries of these children. Let's pray that legions of people are shaken out from under their cloaks of indifference and spurred into action.

It is my fervent prayer that Churches around the world rise up to answer the call of these children. Join me in battle!!

3 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts, and I hope you receive a wonderful response to your email(s)!!! Keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg!! I miss our afternoon distraction walks around the mall! How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is wonderful and your passion is inspiring! Never stop!! And, thanks to everyone, Malcolm's new mommy and daddy were able to take that leap and commit! He is coming home and I know his family! We are all terribly excited and will continue to support him (and finance him) till he gets here! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete