Monday, March 26, 2012

Ignorance is NOT bliss. It is just ignorant.

I committed myself to posting one child a day from Reece's Rainbow on my facebook page for the month of March. March is drawing to a close and I am frantic. There are far too many children still waiting. TOOOOOOOOOO MANY!

I have 253 friends on facebook currently. I assure this isn't a brag, but think about it. 253 people have been seeing the faces of these children for nearly 30 days. Surely this is reaching people, right?? How can it not? How can it be ignored? I am sad to admit it is likely pretty easy to turn a blind eye. This breaks my heart.

There are 240 orphans in dire straits in Pleven. I urge you to look at these pictures. I BEG of you. This should not be easy. It should shock you. Make you cry. Make you angry. IT IS WRONG! Children should not look like this.  EVER.. . ..

Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs on our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act" Proverbs 24:12

I feel a little stuck at this point, but I am SURE God is working miracles behind the scenes right now. If  I had the right to make an arbitrary decision today, I would be adopting. Pronto. And probably more than one child. I cannot bear to see this happen anymore. Since I cannot adopt, I am screaming at the tops of my lungs to ANYONE that will listen. So, back to that number. .. .253 friends, 240 orphans wasting away in Pleven. . .. If each of my friends picked just one child to pray for; talk about; donate to or adopt, then surely this situation would look totally different.

I know, this is really naive of me. People get so comfortable. Life can be so easy here. It is scary to put yourself out. It is scary to care. However, I totally believe that ignorance is not bliss. . . ignorance is simply ignorant. Ignoring the plight of these children is equal to telling them how much they don't matter. A sad fact that they already live and believe.

I often think about choices and the impacts that they have. .. .the ripple effect. What if Mary had said no? What if Joseph could not be bothered to marry Mary in her current state? What if ? What if?

Those are grand and sometimes nebulous questions. Let's bring it closer to home. What if my Mom said no? What if I  were 14 years old and only weighed 14 pounds? What must my life have been like?  What if I did not know what it felt like to have my cries answered? What if my son or daughter was left to lie for hours on end.. .never being loved or kissed or cuddled? Can you even imagine such a fate??

What if I had never learned that Beckett had Down Syndrome? What if I still believed that Down Syndrome happened to "other" people? What if he had lived to be born and loved? Would I have still reached out to these children? What if I had never discovered these children??

I can't stand it. I don't care if people think I am a broken record. I don't care if they think I am 'over the top" or fanatical. I would gladly be called worse if it meant a better life for just one of these precious kiddos!
This life is NOT about being comfortable. It is not about taking the easy road. I am sorry, but it just really is NOT. A life lead like that is SORELY LACKING!

I am terrified and heartbroken and scared that my "yes" is not enough. I am giving my desire to adopt to God completely. He will guide us and he will make it right. I have faith in that. Until I can hug and love and devote myself to a rainbow child of my very own, I will continue to sob and scream at the top of my lungs. .. . .

Look at them!

Kolya 15H

Boy, Born July 2000
6e1n-15H
YAY, a new picture of Kolya!!! Kolya is 11 years old. He will be the oldest child ever adopted through RR (with Down syndrome), so I am praying super hard for his family to find him!!
From his advocates and friends: " Kolya – very delicate and sensitive child who catches every touch, every word or a smile. He may long to sit next to a nice man and just hold hands, enjoying the warmth.
Kolya – special in every sense of the child. He will never be like other children, but this does not negate his ability to enjoy the outside world and bring joy to others. Kolya helpful, helps nurse to collect clothes, toys, clean room. He said not much and indiscriminately, but to understand it is quite possible. He has a good memory. Kolya knows the names of geometric shapes, animals, plants, likes to listen to reading, to collect and puzzles to bother with the designers. Parents need to appreciate their strength, because they need the support of Kolya throughout life. But instead, they can count on sincere affection and love from a really good and loyal man.

$1055.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!

Tanner #31-1


Boy, Born July 26, 2001

Main diagnosis: Down Syndrome. Deafness. Converging strabismus. Obstructive and reflux nephropathia.
Lagging behind in his neuro-psychical development.

$20.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!



Heather

Girl, born September 2001

This tiny girl is ten years old! So petite!

Heather doesn't have any other health complications listed at all.

$173.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!

Mabel

Girl, born May 2005
Diagnosis: Down syndrome

Mabel is a very shy, calm natured little girl. Right now, she does not appear to be walking at all. In the pictures, she had been brought in from another groupa and was in an unfamiliar place, so she was a little nervous in a new environment. Sadly, in the orphanage at this time, she is unable to get any therapy. Imagine her potential and what she could do if she was getting physical, occupational and speech therapy! Mabel truly needs someone to adopt her soon, and help her become all that God has intended for her to be!

Poor, sad little Mabel — she’s been chewing on her sleeves and hands for self-soothing. She’s such a tiny little bird — please help her find a family so she can reach her full potential! She has the most beautiful eyes, let’s help put the shine back in them!
MABEL can stand for “Mothers Always Bring Extra Love,” and if ever a child needed extra love, it is this precious girl. She has no one to love on her- so she’s chewing on her hands and sleeves. Her little hands look raw. What a horrible way to have to comfort yourself- to just be a darling baby and no one love on you because you happen to have an extra chromosome. She’s tiny, no bigger than a 3 year old. Her cheeks are raw, from her having her wet hands against them, and the cool air of winter hitting them. Somewhere, this child has a mom that will bring “extra love” for this precious child of God with an “extra chromosome”. Mama? Do you see me?
Additional pictures available. Interested families should be homestudy approved (or close to it) prior to commitment. Large families welcome, older parents welcome, married couples only. Travel required.

$965.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!
LOVE THEM as they have never been loved before!!

 

1 comment:

  1. i hear u, i hear u... u have once again echoed my feelings... thank you for loving my little Heather... u have moved me, i really should be doing more, i'm not doing enough, i will keep shouting out with u...

    ReplyDelete