Monday, January 14, 2013

Standing Still

I am at a stand still. In so many ways. It seems that despite my best intentions things do not get done; progress is not made, I am spinning my wheels and at a standstill.

Evan and Eli seem to be settling in to a routine and a friendship, but every time I try to plan an outing for them. . .the NAUGHTIES spoil the plan. . .I didn't even tell them I was planning a fun outing this morning. Instead, I spent my morning putting Evan and Eli in time out. Over and Over and Over again. Even though Eli knows the rules, if Evan breaks a rule and lands in time out, Eli likes to follow suit. Is this brotherhood? They are presenting a united front already. It is hard to see any progress when we are covering the same ground repeatedly.


The stand still is not limited to the boys, it is wide spread. . .I spent FAR too much time last night and this morning debating whether or not I was going to start making instant cereal packets at home. Yup. Riveting use of my time...I went to the grocery store with the boys today. . .but I backed down and bought Quaker. Sigh.

Even the littlest change or attempt at  progress...well it leaves me at a standstill, which is understandably frustrating and then I see this:



AND. I. MELT.

I need to find comfort and peace even when things are not changing or moving as quickly as I want. I need to enjoy the now and treasure the moments (even the irritating ones) with Eli and Evan. What a gift they are to me even if we are at a standstill.
I think of all the lovely families working to bring their beloved children home from Russia. Putin's evil adoption ban has them spinning their wheels as well. Understandably they do not want to leave their children in Russia. They too are at a stand still, through no fault of their own, likely trying to find peace and acceptance.

I will offer up my frustration and stand still, in solidarity with all the families hoping and praying they will get to bring their babies home.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs. Give yourself credit for all the work you ARE doing. All of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand how you feel. We have plenty of days where my patience is severely tried. Stay strong mama and know that God is there with you. Also try to remember how truly blessed we are to be mom's at all. As hard as it is at times, it's the best thing in the world. Now, please feel free to throw this back at me when I am feeling a bit down okay! I will need to hear it I am sure.

    Andrea-
    http://heartoftheyoung.org/

    ReplyDelete