Monday, January 21, 2013

Enough?

Insomnia returned last night. I prayed myself to sleep. I have allowed too many people into my head, it is like a circus in there at the moment but it all boils down to one thing. . .enough.

I have advocated for many families and children on Reece's Rainbow. I have started a ministry at my church to encourage families to consider adoption. My family adopted a sweet little guy from Ukraine under two months ago. . .and yet, I was awake far too long last night, with the realization that it is not enough. It will never be enough when I hear the following phrase: "He/she has been sent to the institution." S#*+. Say it isn't true.

London 9HA


DOB October 2007
HIV resulting in other bacterial infections
Intracranial laceration and haemorrhage due to birth injury
Birthmother had Viral HCV
Stenosis and insufficiency of lacrimal passages
Iron Deficiency (get this boy some beef and spinach!)
Additional (adorable) photos available

For more info and parent support on adopting and raising a child with HIV, please visit http://www.projecthopeful.org/ 



I had a dream last night when I finally fell asleep. My husband nearly divorced me and when I mentioned the dream this morning, he shook his head and walked away from me...hinting that the divorce portion of the dream could very well be a reality.

Look at dear London. I have prayed for this sweet child. I have posted his picture numerous places and yet he waits. I received word yesterday that he has been transferred to an adult mental institution. Go back...read his diagnosis. He is mentally fine and yet has been sentenced to a life in an adult mental institution. Is it not bad enough that he has waited over 5 years to be told he is precious? That he is worthy of love? To be hugged and kissed and cherished? Look at his serious face. . .so sweet. He must have been terrified being wrenched from the orphanage, the only "home" he has ever known. To face the harsh reality of a mental institution where it is survival of the fittest. How will this little boy survive? HOW CAN THIS STILL BE HAPPENING? The reality of the mental institution is shocking. Please read Adeye's blog for more information about the harsh conditions in mental institutions.
Look at the size of people in these cribs! So inhumane. It is likely they are not allowed out  of these cribs for days at a time. 


Back to my dream. I hopped an overnight flight to London's country. I signed a piece of paper that allowed me to bring London home for a 10 day visit and I had tasked myself with finding him a family in those 10 days. I fell head over heels for this little tyke but husband was too livid with me for bringing another child home without consulting him for me to believe we could just keep him. Understandably...but what is the alternative? Allow this to happen to him? If only it was as easy as hopping a plane and signing one piece of paper. I would, in a heartbeat.

Adoption is hard, I wont lie, but the alternative is torture for children. They are literally condemned to suffer for the selfishness of our society, for the sins of the world. What an unfair burden London bears on his tiny shoulders.
I hope he has his Teddy with him!

I understand that I cannot personally adopt them all and yet I cannot stomach the realities these sweet children endure. I fervently pray that God protects and sustains London. I pray that more and more families step forward to rescue these sweet babies before they experience the horror of the institution.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my word, he looks just like Jack. And was born a month before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am always praying. About many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, Putin helped seal his fate. Praying that changes soon. Precious little boy has lots of us praying for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Offering up some personal heartbreak for the orphans. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this makes me want to scream!! WHY WHY WHY would an MENTAL institution be appropriate for this child??? Really, in my heart I don't think it is appropriate for ANY child. Oh, my heavy heart. I may blog about this sad news as well if that's okay Becki.

    Andrea-

    http://heartoftheyoung.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so, so beautiful. I lay awake sometimes, too...and will continue to pray for sweet London.

    ReplyDelete