Thursday, April 4, 2013

Connected

The hip bone's connected to the back bone
The back bone's connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone's connected to the head bone....




If only this was really true. 

My hips no longer feel connected to anything. Clearly my neck bone has withered into rolls of swollen fat. I have more rings than a tree and I can only hope that everything leaves a beloved stretch mark so I can forever remember the awesomeness of this pregnancy. 
Added at my own risk.  This was taken yesterday. Those that know me know this is not a typical look....those that dont can judge. Enjoy. 

In my sleep last night I somehow injured the spot on my arm where my bicep used to be. It must be a phantom pain because there is clearly no muscle left there (or anywhere in my body.) I tried to pick up Evan this morning and my arm failed to give me an assist. Lucky for Evan he has a steel like grip that never fails him and my little koala hung on for dear life while my right arm hung limply by my side...aching.  My head bone failed to register the fact that my body is useless and I attempted to walk downstairs. This simple act clearly illustrated that my hip bones were no longer connected to anything. Ezekial is falling down on the job. Clearly.  They are free floating entities with minds of their own. They do not often wish to go in the same direction at the same time and produce wonderful groans from my mouth bone. 

My head bone is wishing it could fall asleep for the next two months and simply wake up with a body that is once again properly connected and functioning. ..with a new precious baby to show for it. 

Dem bones dem bones...gonna walk around. But maybe not for the next two months. 


**disclaimer. This is not a pity post. I should be offering this up or gaining some character from the experience. I refuse. Instead I am sharing my misery instead of a lovely update about Evan and Eli. Boom. With a soundtrack which Eli sings as "dem boings dem boings gonna bonk around."  Blame my head bone. 


2 comments:

  1. I remember those days. I don't miss them. Parenthood is hard at every stage. Hang in there. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower. I remember feeling like this at times. It does get better!

    ReplyDelete