Wednesday, April 10, 2013

When I was high

I have attempted to get my thoughts down several times and eloquence is just out the window. I mentally wrote this post several times whilst high and dingy on meds and it was at least humorous....without the meds I really cannot guarantee much.
Oh So Pregnant.

On Saturday I was huge. Pregnant and miserable. Huge. I found myself sitting in the hospital debating whether or not to get checked out. I feared something was amiss and I feared in equal parts that I was simply a hypochondriac about to rack up an insane medical bill for a little peace of mind. When I got up from my indecisive perch, I was heading home. . .and instead my feet led me to the front desk to get checked out.

2 hours later I was in an ambulance headed to a different hospital. A hospital equipped to handle the tiny baby that I was likely to have soon. It did not matter that we were supposed to go buy our mini van that day. That I was not due for 2 more months. That we were not ready at all. . .that baby was not ready. I was shuttling to an outcome that no one was not prepared for in the least.

And then I was high. My vision was scrambled, my mind was in shambles and I was about to meet my new son for the first time.

The whole experience was more than traumatic and I think that I will be working through it for quite some time. My baby boy is tinier than I could have imagined but he is so strong and is showing the world just what he can do and I am blown away by him. He does not seem to be bothered by the change in his plans. He is rising to the occasion and making the best of things. He is showing his Mama up in every way possible.

Looking back I am ashamed at myself. Oh I spent so much time moaning about how miserable I was pregnant. Trust me.. .I was MISERABLE! So very sick. Do not get me started....

I abhorred the sight of my swollen face, avoided pictures and was an all around pain in the butt about it all.

Shame on me. My dear boy was safe and snug in my super sized hotel. If only I could have focused on that a little more and focused on my own discomfort a little less. The outcome may not have changed a bit, but I recognize what an honor it is to care for such a little warrior in such an important way. There are no do-overs as much as I might beg for one.
My first chance holding Baby O. Bliss.

I love you, little man. Thank you for showing me what true strength is. I look forward to watching your amazing progress, I have so much to learn from you!

How is it that such an ordinary pain in the butt like myself can be so blessed with such incredible children? Please dear God, do NOT let me screw them up. They are awesome.

10 comments:

  1. "Super Size Hotel". Beck you kill me. I love you! God is giving, and will give you every single thing you need...and smothering friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becki, you are awesome. :) Your little man is as adorable as he is strong! Continuing prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...hindsight. We all have been there and wish for "do over’s". But God's grace is such a gift to us. When we fall short, HE gets the glory. I see HIS hand all over your life. Remember, HE never said HE would call the equipped, but equip the called. (I think I just spoke to myself...haha!) So blessed to have you as a friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm sat here crying now. Becki you are such a wonderful lady. Your words are admirable. I will remember this post if I get the courage to have another child and am as sick as I was with Brooke and then the PND. I remember you saying how sick you were with Eli. It's the little ones, our babies, that are important. Who cares about the rest. Giving my little girl a cuddle right now. Owen is gorgeous. Lots of love to you all, Lara x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm sat here crying now. Becki you are such a wonderful lady. Your words are admirable. I will remember this post if I get the courage to have another child and am as sick as I was with Brooke and then the PND. I remember you saying how sick you were with Eli. It's the little ones, our babies, that are important. Who cares about the rest. Giving my little girl a cuddle right now. Owen is gorgeous. Lots of love to you all, Lara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becki, YOU are amazing, and I hope you are allowing yourself grace over this! You are only human, and anyone who had been that sick probably would have been even MORE of a complainer!!! ;) I am sooo glad to hear that you and your darling son are both doing well, and I can't wait to hear more updates and see more pics of him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I told you you were beautiful! :)

    Well done, lady!

    Hugs, Kerra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh precious! Becki you were doing the best you could and you will continue to the best you can & that is all that is needed! Loving the cutie! Sending you and him and the other boys lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a story. Congratulations! It sounds like a very unexpected turn of events, but your baby is here and safe and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your baby and I'm glad he is fine!

    ReplyDelete