Monday, March 18, 2013

What it looks like

It is not always pretty. Seemingly never easy and yet, it is the greatest undertaking I have ever attempted....some call it parenthood. I call it crazy.

We got home from our first family vacation with Evan last night. I was SPENT. My legs, ankles and feet were swollen to ridiculous proportions and I thought to myself "was it really worth it?" I swear I aged ten years in 7 days.

I watched the boys playing and running off their excess energy while I elevated my ginormous feet and for the first moment all felt normal. It didn't feel like I was getting used to having 2 three year olds in my house. It didn't seem too loud, too crazy, too much. My boys were just playing and I was simply enjoying them. Haha. It sounds so silly as I read this . .but I am in tears reliving the moment. I didn't realize what an effort the past three months have been, that even the little moments were a transition that required focus and energy. What a blessed little moment last night.

I love Evan the same as if he was my biological child. It took some doing, but it is there and I cherish my houseful of little boys. I cannot illustrate the love or explain why it took such effort.. . but this is the result and it is more beautiful than I can stand. I am such a lucky girl.

Evan when we met him.
Evan today. Grown out of his 18 month shirt! Yippee!


Goofing with his big brother
 And Evan soaking up the good life on vacation. What could be sweeter?









2 comments: