Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails


That's what little boys are made of. Hmm. Not really in my experience, but I am not sure I am up to taking on Mother Goose today. What I DO know is that the little boys in my life are full of energy and mischief, strange smells and sounds. Loads of laughter and joy. I could not imagine a happier household.

Since I have not done it in far too long, I am highlighting two boys that I am sure would also bring so much love and laughter, funky smells and mischievous looks to anyone's household. Even thought is has only been 5 days max, adopting Evan was the best decision. For all involved. What a blessing, so if you are on the fence, no, it is not easy but it is worth it in a million ways. Totally worth it.

Meet Ralph. I have talked my church into adopting him and praying for him. .. if a Mama steps forward for this little love, you will have LOADS of people supporting you and praying for you. . .and you will get to experience a little miracle in your home every day. Think on it.

Ralph 15H

 1r3ph-15
Boy, born January 2007
Eyes: Brown
Hair: light brown
Character: sociable
Down syndrome
What a handsome little boy!   He is already 5 and has likely been transferred to the institution already.  Further information will not be available about him until a family’s dossier is registered.  Don’t let him become a statistic!  He deserves a family and a future of his own


This next little boy is Mark. Mark's baby picture took my breath away. I imagined that he was the spitting imagine of my lost boy Beckett. Beckett would have been born with DS and Mark's baby picture. .. well I still kiss it every day. I pray for Mark to find his Mama unceasingly. I know deep in my heart that he will be a bundle of love and affection. He needs to find his family!

Mark 31C

8mq2-31
Boy, born October 2009

Little Mark has Down syndrome and was born with some heart issues (Atrial Septal Defects, no impairment of circulation), but surgery hasn’t been found necessary yet.
Full medical history available.

Mark is usually in good mood. He plays with toys variously, jabbers. He is active.


Now, back to the miracle in my very own house. Well, today was a bit of a tough one for Papa and Mama. Papa is suffering from jet lag, which means Mama is suffering from jet lag as well as all-day-sickness. I am not complaining (well, not for the sake of complaining. . . ) but the boys decided to get up at 4:45 am this morning. I heard them. . .but knowing Papa was downstairs, I opted to stay in bed just a bit longer in hopes that this would keep the nausea at bay today.

Well, that lasted a couple of hours (thank you very much Papa) and then world war III erupted downstairs. Shortly after I arrived downstairs to some very tired and cranky boys, Papa disappeared upstairs. The boys wanted nothing to do with each other but everything to do with the toys that the other boy possessed. Fun. The rest of the morning went something like this: Divide and conquer. Food and drink. Toilet time. Divide and conquer. Divide and conquer. Time out for Eli. Time out for Eli. .. flipping heck, TV ON! Eli, SIT DOWN!
Once Eli settled down a little bit, Evan played very calmly. He loves to stack things up, knock them over then stack them again. It was fascinating to watch. He can be so very self contained, and clean. He will put away toys before getting out more toys. (And I discovered tonight that he loves folding laundry and he is quite good at it!) Eli was cuddled up on my lap (oh, I do just about anything for cuddle time with him, he is not a cuddler) when the dog barked. In two seconds flat I was cuddling two sweet boys, though Eli was trying to take up as much room as possible so he would not have to share with Evan. . .did I mention how cranky they were? haha. I took a couple of pictures of the boys on my lap and when Evan saw the image of Eli on the phone screen he immediately started trying to kiss it. Oh, they DO love each other! 
OY. Me. ..no makeup...pre-shower. This is what pregnancy does to me. Pretty, eh?

Pucker up!

Naptime was the great healer. They woke up the best of friends again and played quite well together. After shower time, I got some pictures of Evan. . .I regret not taking these sooner, as I am sure we can be credited with the proud pot belly that Evan is sporting. I hope sooner rather than later I can post some after pictures...
Evan calls me Mama and comes to me when he hurts himself or when he gets scared. It is heartwarming to know that he can do that and I will gladly comfort him. Oh, really, I cannot say it enough, Evan is a miracle in my life. Plain and simple. This is a new experience for me. I really have had to struggle and muddle my way through things (admittedly my choices may not have been God's will but they were still good and righteous choices for the most part) so the fact that Evan has transitioned so smoothly into our family takes my breath away, we are so blessed. . .now if only Belly Bean would also get with the program. Sheesh.

 My formatting goes WONKY everytime I post pictures. . .sorry. I cannot figure it out. Sigh. Kids and their technology!

3 comments:

  1. Let's hope this smooth streak continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read an update! You look beautiful by the way in the pic:) I'm so glad The E's are getting along for the most part:) Is there a language barrier?

    ReplyDelete